Thursday 16 August 2007

GP: Collins &c again

I'm off to sunny Libya! So I need to make sure I'm jabbed up. I went last year as well, so should be OK! But I need to check.

I ring the surgery. They tell me I must physically come in and see the nurse. I'm at home this week so reluctantly agree. Then they tell me I must do so next week some time, when I will be on the road. I politely ask whether I will be forced to take a chance and go without jabs? The receptionist takes my details, not all that graciously, and says that she will leave a message for the nurse who may ring me.

Rather to my surprise the phone goes 10 minutes later, and it is the nurse. I don't need any jabs: great news! So that's all fine. And she'll pop the travel advice sheet in the post -- better yet. Good service -- excellent.

But... why the difficulty in the first place. Something seems unsatisfactory in the management of this practice.

No comments: