Saturday 20 February 2010

Still silly at Sainsburys Warren Heath

I was running low on laser printer paper, so I popped down to Sainsburys Warren Heath to get some. I know they do this at £2 a ... well, whatever you call one of those slabs of wrapped copier paper.

Oh dear. None in stock. A large shelf, completely empty on a Friday night, peak shopping time. I call over a shop assistant who goes off to see if there is any "out the back". Back she comes, and there is none. There's been none since Thursday.

Over to Tesco at Copdock this morning. Loads of £2 chunks of paper there. I bought two. That epitomises the difference between the two places.

As I have remarked before, the management of Sainsburys Warren Heath is atrocious. To allow empty shelves at the start of the weekend ... hey, the idea, guys, is to SELL stuff. If you don't have stock, you go out of business. Even if you don't allow your store to become a cold, smelly shed, as they have chosen to do.

1 comment:

The Ursine Project said...

I used to regularly shop at the Warren Heath store as I lived very close by. I concur that whilst it’s never been fully up to scratch it was reasonable, however, from a recent visit I was disappointed to note that it has deteriorated a lot. I enjoyed your “cold, smelly shed” comment as it perfectly sums up the place. And yes, there are always shortages, which smacks of poor stock control management issues.

All that said, I cannot see any alternatives in terms of supermarkets, I visited Tesco at the Copdock Interchange last week. It was so chaotically insanely busy, and it was 4pm on a Wednesday, I walked out again with my head spinning.